I've been skiing and cycling for most of my life. I also had the chance to ride a Segway once and liked it a lot, because the way you steer it by shifting your weight felt a lot like skiing. So the halfbike looks like it might be a very interesting combination of all three.
My main concern, can I ride it on the street in Germany? Has anybody any experince with this?
As far as I was able to figure out, this might be treated as a bicycle and as such it has to abide to some rules:
- A second brake. It was mentioned in the kickstarter, that this would be an option, but I can't find it in the store.
- A bell. This was also mentioned in the kickstarter and I can find an option for a bell in the store via Google, but it does not appear in the official list. (Sold out?)
- A white reflector at the front and a red reflector at the back. That should be possible to do. Any good suggestions?
- Reflectors in all the wheels. Easy to do for the front wheel. What about the tiny back wheels?
- Also, a light in the front and back after dark. Again, there are options.
Are there any halfbikers from Germany here? Or from other countries with similar regulations?