Hi there, I ride my half bike to work every day. That's why I was wondering if it's possible to use a front rack. My backpack weighs between 5 and 10 kg, which makes driving much more difficult and shifts the center of gravity further forward. With the luggage rack, the light feeling of driving is back. Interestingly, the bike feels more stable, you just have to be careful in sharp turns. Once the weight reaches about 6,7kg, the bike will tip forward. However, I rode with far more weight. As soon as you set one foot on the machine, you can load it. This works, but requires experience in handling the bike. The backpack must be firmly attached to the frame. For this I use an old belt and the clamp of the rack. The front carrier is flexible and rests on the frame axle. A strap keeps it in place.
Modifications on my Halfbike 3:
• front carrier AtranVelo „Hybrid AM“ (leather handles by IKEA to connect it with the frame)
• front wheel Schwalbe „Billy Bonkers“ (ever since I slipped on a bend in wet weather)
• rear wheels by mbs
• fender front slight mod & rear fenders self-made
• red reflector tape
• front & rear light
• bell „knog oi“ (between the rubber of the front lamp), thanks to Helen H.!
• cateye quick speedometer, thanks to Joel H.!
• handlebar extenders, thanks to Holger G.!
• grips by Aaron (poor quality, have to buy better ones)
• pedals by look cycle „Geo City Grip“, thanks to stephane d.!
• handbrake made from a piece of inner tube, thanks to Simon B.!